Monday, October 11, 2010

Published...kinda

One of my goals with this blog:  get published.  Given the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of blogs in the world, I know this goal is ambitious.  None-the-less, publication of my writing motivates these ramblings.

I do not know if being a guest blogger for my friend, C.B James counts as being published, but it works for me at this stage of the game.  C.B. and I met this summer at Yale where we both toiled over Chaucer and The Canterbury Tales.  During our six weeks together, C.B. and I became good friends  and I greatly respect his role as an educator.  (C.B. was also my tour guide through NYC on more than one occasion.  Aside from the unnerving modern art installations at The Whitney, I enjoyed each trip immensely and appreciate C.B.'s knowledge of The Big Apple.)

C.B. blogs about literature, reviewing books that he and his dog, Dakota, read and eat respectively.  A voracious reader, his reviews offer something for every interest.  You should check him out at Ready When You Are, C.B. not only because he asked me to share my experience with Cormier's The Chocolate War in recognition of Banned Books Week (thus making me a pseudo-published author), but mainly because he is an excellent blogger.

Thanks for the opportunity, C.B.!  I'm honored.

No comments:

Followers